Whether you need a new roof, a new deck or some masonry work done, finding a competent and reliable contractor is the first step to a successful and satisfying home improvement project.
We recommend asking the following questions when choosing your contractor:
- Are you a licensed in the State of Michigan? Ask for the license number and verify their license. (see link below on this page).
- Are there any complaints against you? (see link below)
- Are city inspectors favorable? The best way to check out a contractor is to talk to the city inspector (city of contractor).
- Can you show proof of a certificate of insurance for both liability and workers' compensation? If a contractor does not have workers' compensation coverage, workers who are injured while working on your home could sue you.
- Do you warrant your work?
- Do you have references relevant to my project?
- Will you provide a complete written estimate with a fixed price for the work? Do you provide written change estimates?
- Are you easy to reach to answer a question? Do you respond to questions or issues in a timely manner?
- How is the operation managed?
- Do I feel comfortable with and trust the person I am about to hire?
- Do you provide a waiver of lien as needed?
Check a License Here